1. Be Patient. Time is the ultimate key to growing longer hair. While trims are necessary to get rid of split ends, hair only grows about 6" a year. Be careful to not be hasty with your cuts if your ultimate goal is long hair.
|Length like this comes |
2. Wash Sparingly. Shampoo primarily at your scalp. Over-shampooing can strip the hair's natural oils. Try shampooing only three to four times a week.
3. Moisturize. Condition your hair to maintain moisture. Choose a conditioner that is compatible with your hair type to keep your hair healthy and avoid breakage.
4. Diet Right. Healthy hair stems from a healthy diet. Take multivitamins and fill your diet with protein, fruits and vegetables. Avocados, nuts, and seeds contain high levels of Vitamin E which is necessary for healthy hair. Essential fatty acids (found in fish and pumpkin) are also extremely important for growing healthy hair.
5. Brush Sparingly. Do not brush your hair while it is completely wet as this can pull the hair strands and cause breakage. Use a wide-toothed comb directly out of the shower, working from the ends up. Use a brush only when hair is completely dry.
6. Avoid Over-Exposure to Heat. When you are using heat to style, set your flat iron to the temperature most accurate for your hair. See where to set your iron using this chart. With the U-Smooth, personalizing your correct temperature reduces the need to make numerous passes through your hair. This saves you time and saves you from damage.
7. Massage for Growth. Massaging your scalp will open up blood vessels to increase flow and blood circulation on your head. Increased circulation means that the cells of the hair follicle will receive more of the nutrients necessary for optimal hair growth function. Click here for steps on how to give yourself a relaxing scalp massage.
Lustfully long locks can be yours if you follow these hair care tips and give it time to grow!