The Emmy Awards is a night filled with beautiful faces, fashion, and of course, beautiful hair! You don't need a celebrity stylist to achieve some of the hottest looks seen on this year's red carpet, though.
One classic hairstyle seen this year is the stylish low chignon. This easy up-do can be worn relaxed perfect for a lunch out with the girls, or sleek for a classy night out.
|Taraji P. Henson looked |
gorgeous with her low chignon
hairstyle at the 2011 Emmy's.
Get the Look:
1. Collect all of your hair at the nape of the neck (either centered in the back or towards the side depending on your desired look). For a messy chignon, pull small sections of hair down in front, framing your face. For a polished look, slick all hair back with a mousse or gel.
2. Begin twisting all of your hair with both hands.
3. As the hair becomes tighter, allow the hair coil to twist around itself creating a bun. Keep twisting hair until it is all wrapped into a bun.
4. Take a hair band and wrap it around the base of your bun.
5. For a messy look, loosen small sections of hair to fall outside the bun. For a cleaner look, tuck any fly-aways into bun with bobby pins and spray.
Just a couple of minutes and you can get a look fit for a star! Rock this Emmy-inspired hairdo any day of the week to catch the attention you deserve!