|Get your hair silky, smooth |
and healthy with these 6 tips!
The basis for great looking hair is having healthy hair. Follow these 6 simple tips to get stylist-healthy hair.
1. Use salon quality shampoo and conditioner. Ask your stylist which styling products you should use for your hair type.
2. Use a thermal protectant. Anytime you are applying heat to your hair, make sure to use a heat protectant first. A heat protectant will keep moisture in your hair, and protect it from damage including split ends and breakage. Also, be sure to set your iron at the correct temperature for your hair type. Click here to see hair type chart.
3. Do not over-style your hair. Even if you use a heat protectant every time you straighten or curl, give your hair a break a couple times a week. Try not to straighten every day. Change up your style by wearing hair up or letting it air-dry. Use a mousse instead of heat for control.
4. Deep condition once every 2 weeks. Deep conditioning your hair will help restore moisture and protein back in the hair. We suggest Kevin Murphy’s Born.Again.Masque. Tip: Make sure to towel dry before applying conditioner for maximum benefits.
5. Get a cut every 4-6 weeks. Staying consistent with your cuts will help you keep split ends away and reduce breakage, making your hair grow longer over time.
6. Do not drastically change your hair color too often. Chemical differences between different hair colors will change the hair structure and cause your hair to weaken.
Stay consistent with your Healthy Hair tips and you will see a change in the strength of your hair that a stylist could be proud of!